Before you get started on building a website, it's important to make a list of goals.
Things to consider:
- What do you want to show people?
- Where will you get your images?
- What colors will be on the site?
- Is it time to redesign the logo?
- Who will develop content?
- Is it better for the site to be content or image rich or something in-between?
- What is going to capture your customers attention?
- How will you represent you mission on the website?
- How will you represent yourself?
What to remember: Don't stress if you feel unprepared, look at other companies that you admire for inspiration, think MVP (Minimum Viable Product), in other words, get the site up knowing that you'll continue to develope the site overtime.