While it's not good to obsess over the finances, it's a good idea to look through them on a regular basis to see if anything can be trimmed from the budget, automated, and if the current goals still make sense.
What does this look like?
- Are your bills automated?
- Have you checked to make sure that all automated bills are for services that are still being used?
- How's the emergency fund and does it fit the size of your company?
- Have you audited your own records lately?
- Are the goals set realistic for the company?
- Did the company meet its goals last quarter/year?
What to remember: There are so many areas to look at when it comes to good financial house cleaning, but these should help get you started. Also, remember that there's always room for improvement.