I try to look to those around me who are better than me at what I want to be good at and then try to emulate their process. Lately I've been looking into some people who are, to say the least, very productive. The following list are a few of the things these people recommend.
- Make sure that there's a balance between life and work.
- Schedule breaks into the day.
- Automate the simple tasks.
- Remove the distractions.
- Focus on the most important task.
- Develop a plan.
- Do the least favorable task first so that you can focus on what you want to do the rest of the time.
What to remember? Like any list on the internet, some of these items will help and some won't. Continue to do research, look for ideas, seek out creative solutions, and experiment.