In light of the recent Bluekeep virus we wanted to take a second and remind everyone that the End of Support Date for Windows 7 is January 14, 2020. This doesn't mean that Windows 7 will suddenly stop working, but that there will be no more security updates. Therefore, if something like Bluekeep comes out, then there won't be a patch (like the one Microsoft created) available. All that said, we're here to help and answer questions.
What do we reccomend?
Update your computer to a newer operating system.
The basic requirements are:
- Required processor: 1 GHz or faster compatible processor
- Required memory: 1GB RAM for 32-bit; 2GB for 64-bit
- Required hard disk space: Up to 20GB available hard disk space
- Required video card: 800 x 600 screen resolution or higher. DirectX 9 graphics processor with WDDM driver
- Required connectivity: Internet access (fees may apply)
- Other system requirements: Microsoft account required for some features. Watching DVDs requires separate playback software.
- Additional system requirements: You must accept the enclosed License Terms, also at microsoft.com/useterms Activation required • Single license • 32 and 64-bits on USB 3.0 media included
Note: It's very important to create a full backup and to talk to your Support Representative before updating.
What to remember: It's easier to update your operating system (and less time sensitive) when there's nothing wrong with it...
Microsoft Support Page: Updating to Windows 10